You will not regret it if you prepare this simple vegan tiramisu with strawberries and specialty coffee. We prepared this tiramisu receipe in collaboration with food blogger foodoris_.
A favorite dessert of many and also vegan, it sounds interesting! Strawberries are not must in this dessert, but they will definitely add a refreshing note. The main ingredient of every tiramisu, including this one, is coffee, of course. Not just any coffee but quality arabica coffee. To choose coffee visit our web store and choose one of the currently available coffees of small European roasters. Or try Karibu coffee subscription and we will deliver you a coffee that will fit perfectly into this recipe!
Ingredients (two servings):
- 1 cup cashews
- 2-3 tablespoons of agave syrup (or maple)
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (solid part from a can of coconut milk)
- a pinch of salt
- freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- biscuits on request (digestive * used, approximately 2.5-3 biscuits per serving)
- strong coffee (you can also add a bit of rum)
- fresh strawberries (approx. 4 of medium sizes)
- Digestive biscuits have a specific taste and fibers are felt under the tooth. Try some more neutral biscuits if you don’t like this type of biscuit.
1.Soak cashews overnight. The next day drain, wash and put in a blender with syrup, oil, coconut cream, salt, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix into a thick cream without lumps. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate to cool slightly and squeeze. You can let it shrink completely or just a little (approx. 30 minutes to an hour) and use it further according to the recipe. The cream will thicken in the refrigerator after about four hours.
2.Make strong coffee and let it cool a bit. We recommend that the coffee is prepared as an espresso, in Moka or as a Turkish coffee. Add rum and dip biscuits. Tear the biscuits a little and put them in a serving glass, pour over a little chilled cream, add fresh strawberries and repeat the process once more.
3.Sprinkle cocoa on top and refrigerate to squeeze the tiramisu for a minimum of four hours.